Re: I was wrong about Larry.

In a message dated 6/12/99 10:00:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
damekmo@teleport.com writes:

<< Ah...screw it. I was wrong about Larry's coaching. No, he's not an "X's &
 O's" guy, but the Pacers are just gutless...top to bottom. Auerbach and
 Wooden couldn't help this team win a meaningful game. Pitiful. The entire
 front court...looked dead, confused and scared every time Marcus Camby (!)
 stepped on the court. Pathetic. Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson? Both
 exposed as old men. Hopeless. Smits? Always hated him. Nothing inside. Just
 a miserable bunch of gutless whiners. >>

One of the few times l can agree 100% with Paul.  The Pacemakers showed why
they didn't win the division despite the preseason hype.  We've never beaten
Larry but his old bunch won't be able to handle us much longer.  Smits has
always been a little disappointing but he's set a new standard for
disappointment now - I don't care if ALL his toes are broken!  He commits the
dumbest fouls!   Miller had absolutely nothing.  Jackson is slower than I am
and Mullin ain't much faster.  The Davis "boys" work hard but they are what
they are.  Antonio is very limited in ability and Dale is a younger Oakley -
fine role player but not someone who can carry a team.  Their 2 young players
- Best & Rose - are not cornerstones to build around for the future so they
are in big trouble.  But of course they do have Larry's pet draft choice
Croshier to build on.

If Larry packs it in I don't expect the Pacers to top .500 next season unless
they sucker someone in a lopsided trade.

George