NBA Notes: Ratlif to Vancouver? Players Improving Their Stock At Pre-Draft Camp

Stephen A. Smith in the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that
the Vancouver Grizzlies have offered the 76ers the second
pick in the draft for Theo Ratliff.  Smith says, if a move
is made, the Sixers would "likely acquire a shooter or small
forward."  Hmmmm... Don't the C's have a shooter available
for a trade?  But would Philly deal within the division????

Vecsey reports that the Zen Master, Phil Jackson, will be named
the Lakers coach next week...

According to Sam Smith, the following players have improved their
stock at the Moody Bible Institute Pre-Draft Camp (My comments in
parentheses):

Calvin Booth - Penn State  (6-11 and can block shots -  They always get
drafted higher than they should)

Lee Nailon - TCU  (I guess he's become a good rather than a bad
tweener)

Michael Ruffin - Tulsa  (Reminds me of the good Michael Smith)

Jeff Goster - SW Texas State (As Chris Wallace is fond of saying,
                               he was off our radar screen)

Roberto Bergerson - Boise State (Been compared to Dale Ellis)

Antonio Smith - Michigan State (Keep him away from Mateen Cleaves)

Melvin Levett - Cincinnati (Best athlete in the draft or so they say)

Laron Profit - Maryland  (Will it be enough to boost him into the 1st
round?)

One guy who did the "Titanic" thing -- the ship, not the movie -- at the
camp
was high-schooler Leon Smith, who never showed, leaving NBA personnel
people shaking their collective heads.  Smith says he drops down to late
second.  The C's have the I Can't Draft 55 pick, and I'm pretty sure
they'll
consider him, but I'd rather have the Russian Andrei Kirilenko.  In
three years,
Kirilenko will be lottery material...
Ray