Re: No Mas Mashburn

>From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>
>
>Does anybody with any ounce of Basketball sense think that any one in
>this years draft is better than Mercer. If he was coming out this year, he
>would be far and away the # 1 pick.
>	If you disagree, be my guest and flame away.

I don't exactly disagree, but I've heard this statememnt made several times,
and I had a question.  Who else left school early and would be graduating
this year if they had stayed?  Or perhaps never made it to college at all
(Garnett?).  This statement seems to be saying that Mercer is the best
player of his age in the country.  I just don't believe that. Actually,
isn't Paul Pierce from the same class as Mercer?  If those two were on the
board when you were picking later this month, who would you choose?

Jim