Re: Efficiency - reply -Reply

>>> Jim Meninno <jim_meninno@hotmail.com> 06/09/99 11:24am >>>
Ryan, why is it so difficult to see?  A player that shoots 45%, but rarely
hits threes and rarely goes to the line is less efficient offensively than a
42% shooter who does hit a lot of threes and goes to the line a lot
(although it would be better if he hit a few more of those).  I think that
was the original point, although I could be wrong after the amount you
two
have written on the subject.  Why you singled this one statement out as
being completely irrelevant is beyond me.

Jim <<<

Your point is crystal clear, Jim, but the example you've chosen for
illustrative purposes is not entirely apropos of where the disconnect
between Alex's position and mine was.

Ryan