Re: Efficiency - reply

>From: Ryan Falcone <FalconeR@nvg.com>

>You're right--but again, this information is only meaningful if someone
>(i.e.-coaches) has use for it beyond fans' recreational
>interpretation of pseudo-interesting statistics.

Ryan, why is it so difficult to see?  A player that shoots 45%, but rarely
hits threes and rarely goes to the line is less efficient offensively than a
42% shooter who does hit a lot of threes and goes to the line a lot
(although it would be better if he hit a few more of those).  I think that
was the original point, although I could be wrong after the amount you two
have written on the subject.  Why you singled this one statement out as
being completely irrelevant is beyond me.

Jim