Re: FROM BSKBALL

Any of us could look pretty bad if we were judged based on secondhand
rumors of what we MIGHT do. And what kind of context was the Michael
Curry comment made in? We don't know. It could be that Pitino was
talking about Curry as a defensively oriented player off the bench
that can shoot the ball, as opposed to Bruce Bowen for instance.
Who cares if Pitino wants to make Michael Curry his next Bruce Bowen?
Or Tony Delk his next Marlon Garnett? He's probably looking at these
guys as possibilities for his cap exceptions.

The only thing that is worth getting carried away about is a trade of
one or more of the big pieces, and only if Pitino actually confirms
that he's considering it (like the Hardaway trade, or the Pippen trade
a few years back). I don't understand why people freak out when Pitino
talks about adding so-and-so as a 12th man or injured list loser at
the minimum. I'm sure Pat Riley and Wallace got a lot of crap when
they put CBA players on the Heat roster too.

Alex