Re: base year compensation

There are two scenarios here:

If it's a trade, then one doesn't need any cap room as long as the
salaries are within 15% (or is it 10%?) of each other. Sprewell for
Starks and others <Spre was a 3rd year base year compensation player>.

If it is not a trade where the taker has cap room then all they need is
to fit the base year cap. The hard part in a base year compensation
player is to get something suitable in return because of very low cap
nos. - Mishra

PS: Regarding base year cap nos: The parenthisis indicate
multiplication and , indicates a tuple.