RE: dilettantish-Repl again and again

> Alex, What Pitino meant was that he invisioned Waler as a 4 in the style of Malone.  Pitino is qouted as
> same.  It was not as "inspiration"

> > For Pitino to flip from having Walker build up to a Malone type body to
> > now a Pippen type body is bizarre.  Was this Walker's choice? or
> > Pitino's?, Falk's?  Pierce is already a Pippen like body with similar
> > fluid movement.
>
> When Pitino says to Walker, "Build up a Pippen type body," I would guess
> he means, "Eat well and get in shape." He's tried to use Jordan, Pippen,
> and Malone as inspirations for Walker, to get him to be in top condition.
> Malone didn't work because Walker doesn't believe that he can develop a
> body like Malone's.

Can't develop the body or won't put in the effort?  I don't know the honest answer, I'm just asking the
question.

> And Pierce does not have a Pippen type body in terms of conditioning and
> speed. If he did, there shouldn't be any question about Pierce's ability
> to defend the 2, because Pippen was certainly quick enough to defend
> guards in his prime. Pitino did mention that he wanted Pierce to lose a
> few pounds of fat and add quickness, which may indicate his hope to
> move Pierce to 2.

There isn't any question that Pierce needs to be in better condition.

I believe the statement "A Pippen like body" or "A Malone like body" refers to the style/shape of the body,
not conditioning.  Otherwise they would be the same thing wouldn't they?  Or are you suggesting that Walker
was willing to be in as good condition as Pippen, but not as well conditioned as Malone?  (They are both in
great shape, IMO)

<Jim

> Alex

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature