-----Original Message-----
From: uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics
[mailto:uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics]On Behalf Of Ryan Falcone
Sent: Friday, June 04, 1999 10:18 AM
To: uunet!igtc.com!celtics; uunet!worldnet.att.net!tfmiii
Subject: re: Smith, Vecsey on rumors. . . -Reply

I had a similar impression of Michael Doleac last year as the consensus
seems to be about Eschmeyer (big and strong but slow), but Doleac sure
had an impressive rookie year.  If he could do it, there's no reason to
think that Eschmeyer will be any different.  He was a one-man gang at
Northwestern, and although I only watched him play a few times on TV,
he played very well against Big Ten competition, often dominating inside
as a scorer / rebounder (I concede that having only watched him a few
times, I can't adequately judge the consistency of his abilities--he might
have just had a few good games when I happened to be watching).
And this was while being subjected to constant double and triple teaming
because his teammates weren't good enough to warrant defensive
attention, thereby freeing up the post for him.

Much like Doleac, I'm sure that this kid is physically ready to immediately
play.  Also, as a 6th year player, he's probably more mature and ready to
cope with life in the NBA (a la Van Horn, Duncan, and Doleac, for that
matter) than, say Corey Magette and Elton Brand.

He is slow as molasses, though...

Ryan