dilettantish -Reply

I second Josh and Gene wholeheartedly.  Pierce is clearly a "3," where
his size / quickness / shooting mixture creates matchup problems for
opponents.  If he were to play the "2" on a full time basis...well, again I'll
reiterate my agreement with Josh and Gene.

I just hope that they can find a way to sign Mercer.  I would much rather
keep the nucleus intact than engage in wholesale roster overhauls every
year.  If ever a year there was not to have a draft pick, this is it.
Someone needs to let Pitino (aka Trader Rick) know that stability is what
breeds consistency.

Ryan

>>> "Gene Kirkpatrick" <gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us> 06/04/99 11:11am >>>
Josh, glad to see you agree with me on Pierce being a #3 and not a #2.
 I think the Mercer thing might work out to keep him.  He's not a
fool, is he?  To think he is worth Walker bucks?  I would make him a
nice offer contingent on his accepting an equal role with Pierce as #2
 option.  I'm hoping we concentrate on the #4 position and let the
other positions remain as is.

Cheers,  Gene