Re: base year compensation

As long as you're in a mood to explain these things, does the team receiving
the base year player need to be able to fit the entire salary under its cap,
or just the 50/75%? (ie. we keep hearing that to trade Antoine, the Celtics
would only get back 4 million in salary.  Does that mean the other team
would need 4 million of cap room to complete the deal?)    Also, is every
free agent a "base year" player for the first two years of their new
contract?

Jim