More Thoughts On Sam Smith's Mercer Trade

If the C's are going to deal Mercer for a draft choice, why not
to Vancouver, which needs a veteran shooting guard and has the
second, not the fifth pick in the draft?  Then, the C's will have the
opportunity to trade down, still end up with a Miller or Radojevic, and
perhaps pick up an extra draft choice next year. Or has Mercer's value
fallen
so badly, that he only garners the fifth choice in a draft that's
constantly labled as terrible?

And wouldn't it be just like Pitino to quickly sour on Potapenko and
decide
he needs another center?  However, the thing about Radojovic is he's
considered
fluid enough to play all three front court positions, so I imagine you
would
eventually see him starting alongside Potapenko at power forward.
Hopefully,
he will develop some defensive skills.

As far as Miller goes, I'm thinking a Lafayette "Fats" Lever type of
point
guard, that will pass, play defense, and hit the boards.

But of course, this all conjecture any ways, even suggesting Radojevic
and
Andre Miller - although those two make the most sense , and it is Sam
Smith
after all, who's even less reliable than Vecsey, but Remember What
Michael
Holley Said...
Ray