Re: armstrong over hardaway...

> Tim Hardaway is also one of those shoot first mentality but if you look at
> his stats in GS he was somewhat averaging 20+ ppg and at least 7 or 8
> dishoffs per game.  Again, ain't selfish to me!!!

If scoring and assist stats are a measure of unselfishness, you are
completely wrong about Penny Hardaway (who you supposedly could tell was a
selfish player after only a year or two). In 94-95, 20.9 ppg, 7.2 apg.
In 95-96, 21.7 ppg, 7.1 apg. Are these "selfish stats"? And a "shoot
first" mentality is pretty justifiable when you shoot over 50% from the
field (as a guard!) as he did in both these years.

> unlike walker, who's suppose to be our no. 1 option, you'd be insane enough
> to let him be the no. 1 option coz of his horrifying shooting in field goal
> and take note!...also in free throws!!!  he just sucks when he shoots the
> ball and clanks it.  and having a Pippen-like body or Malone-like body
> wouldn't even help in improving his shooting percentage.  Man, Pitino's
> really a God huh???  Just teach walker to use his height and weight to go
> inside the paint and power it down!  not letting him shoot 3 balls when he's
> not a shooter anyways.  what a waste of height and heft, man.  he just needs
> to use his head more!!!

Despite the booing and moaning from fleetcenter crowd, Antoine's three
point shooting is actually pretty good at 35%. Telling him not to shoot
three pointers would actually lower his points per shot. This is not
to say he couldn't choose them better; I assume you think that he can
never learn to do that since he has "revealed" himself to be a selfish
player for the rest of his career from your one or two year observations.

Anyways, this is the last I write about this subject. I think Cecil and I
disagree with you about your idea: "Once selfish, always selfish." You're
welcome to your viewpoint.

Alex