Recent events

I've been out of the country for the past 10 days, unable even to check on NBA
playoff scores, so forgive me if I'm retreading old ground. Just wanted to
share a few thoughts.

a) Can't believe Pierce got two -- TWO!! -- votes for ROY. Less than Jason
Williams. Come on, there is just no way I will believe the gap between him and
Carter is so great. This is not like Shaquille O'Neal's rookie year.

b) Sure as hell wish the Leprechaun had sprinkled a bit of magic dust our way
on lottery Saturday. Instead, it went to Paul Silas.

c) Peter May recently wrote: "Several general managers say the Celtics aren't
just shopping Ron Mercer, they're all but putting him up for auction .." That
should make Ray's day. But I got a bad feeling about this.