Penny Trade

I still think that after Kenny saw Damon and Dana play towards the end of last season,  he will change into more of a passer for next season.  That's one reason why I'm reluctant to see him go.

I really don't mind trading Mercer, since we might not be able to sign him anyway.

If Penny doesn't bring his attitude problem with him to Boston, and if he agrees to play the point, I think it's a pretty good trade.

Hopefully, we can pick up a power forward as a free agent(Rodney Rogers?) with our $2million exception.

If Penny doesn't play the point, our starting lineup would look like this.

C- Potapenko
PF-Walker
SF-Pierce
SG-Hardaway
PG-Barros/Jones

If Hardaway agrees to play the point:

C-Potapenko
PF- (Free Agent) (Rogers)
SF-Walker
SG- Pierce
PG Hardaway

I really don't mind either of the lineups, but I'm shaky about Pierce playing the 2.  I think if Pitino plays him at the 2, he will eventually be moved back to the 3.

As much as I would like this trade, I really wouldn't mind if it doesn't happen.  That's as long as we can get a decent deal with Ron Mercer (Draft Pick, or Power Forward.

Tell me what you think!
Josh