Re: Fwd: Recent events

> Subject: Recent events
> Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:45:55 -0800
> From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>
> To: Celtics <Celtics@igtc.com>

<SNIPS>
> c) Peter May recently wrote: "Several general managers say the Celtics aren't
> just shopping Ron Mercer, they're all but putting him up for auction .." That
> should make Ray's day. But I got a bad feeling about this.

Well, you probably don't have to worry about Mercer going in a deal for
Penny Hardaway, since as L.C. Johnson points out, the Magic are more
interested
in Gugliotta and Walker.  But have no fear, unless something
dramatically
changes, Mercer will be re-signed and traded. Battie's probably a goner
too...
Ray