Re: Don Nelson's vision

Alex Wang wrote:

> I could see acquiring another shooting guard to complement Finley
> fitting into Don Nelson's new vision for the Mavericks, with Nowitzki
> as his point forward. So you have Bradley, Trent, Nowitzki, Finley
> and Mercer as his new weird lineup. And Nelson always seems
> delusionally optimistic so he probably thinks a Mavericks first
> rounder is expendable.

Although Finley averaged a surprising number of assists for a 6-7 player,
do you really envision him at point guard alongside Mercer?  I guess Don
Nelson is hoping to mimic the success of the Spree/Allan Houston lineup.
I still totally fail to see how Mercer makes the slightest sense for the
Mavs, even if they are dumping two non-contributers/bench warmers to get
him. It's not as if the Mavs can trade Mercer right away either, as
illustrated by the original Battie-Rogers mid-season trade that got
nixed.