The Smack me trade

I like the Samaki, Anstey and no1 for Mercer, Popeye and Ellison trade. The
no. 1 makes the deal. Popeye and Ellison are just capfillers. Samaki skills
and lack of have  been discussed already. Please remember he came out 2 years
early so he is the same age as Walker, who many think still has lots
unfulfilled potential. He has the body but just needs to put it together...
Anstey actually has some game. He is alittle like Travis Knight. He is a
little more muscular than him and has alot more range and dribbling ability.
Knight is alot better rebounder and shotblocker, though, IMO. He  can play
both the small and power forward spots.
I saw his career game against the Celts in person. He was on fire that night,
making threes, driving to the hole, leaving Walker in the dust. He will be a
decent backup player...Again, the key to his deal is the No. 1. The is no
reason to think that the Mavericks won't be back in the lottery next year.
The West is getting stronger and the Mavericks keep on getting worse. A
lineup of Nash, Mercer, Finley, Ceballos/Green and one of their freaks at
center certainly isn't much. If they are able to keep Trent and Nowiski
continues to develop, they may have a team in a few years. However, they will
struggle again next year in the tough Western conference (I mean they haven't
made the playoffs in like 10 years) and Nelson will probably be fired because
of it....

DJessen33