The concept of trading Mercer for Samaki Walker makes me sick

Thank you, Joe.

This whole Mercer for Samaki Walker trade is crap.  I don't even want to start
on comparisons because it's beyond pitiful.  If this goes down, I'll be
disgusted.

Smacky might be worth the $2 mil exception if he had been productive for more
than a third of the few games he's actually played in, and even that's a reach.
That this is even being discussed as a rational proposition is appalling.

I would have been juiced if we'd gotten Antonio Davis, but we didn't.

I would be pretty pleased if we ended up with Lorenzen Wright.  As the Clips
need any backcourt players with a pulse that they can get their hands on, this
could work out.  If Indiana gets Wright, I'll be very bummed.

Someone who they could trade for (I would if I could) is Szczerbiak.  The Wolves
need a 2-guard.  Wally is a 3.  I'd dig it.  And he's going to be an All-Star in
the near future...mark my words.

Went to the Celts v. Washington the other night.

Wayne Turner:  Got a little torched defensively, but scored when he needed to,
made some great passes to Battie for dunks, and generally ran the team well.
Ran it much better than Ollie.

Griffin:  Just like the papers say.  Solid and unspectacular, but productive.
Might not be as much so against the higher levels of competition.  But you never
know.  He seems to know how to play the game, and that's an advantage.

Battie:  Looked good, not great.  Got beat up a little bit by the wannabe's.

Clack:  No outside shot, great penetrator.  Looked a little heavy and out of
shape.  Good ballhandler for his size.  Made some nifty penetration moves off
the dribble.  Went up really high.

McCarty.  Even skinnier.

Overall:  Stepania's big and arrogant for Seattle.

Later!

j.hironaka@unesco.org on 07/28/99 02:38:08 PM