dallas trade from Bskball

I'm beginning to like this trade!  Don't ask me how Austrailian radio scooped all US news media on this, however.

SAMAKI WALKER DEAL- OK, heres what I know up to this point. According to recent reports in a variety of places, including Australian Radio. The deal in the works would send- Chris Anstey, Samaki Walker, and future #1 pick to Boston for Ron Mercer, Popeye Jones, and Pervis Ellison-

BSKBALL:
SAMAKI WALKER DEAL- OK, heres what I know up to this point. According to recent reports in a variety of places, including Australian Radio. The deal in the works would send- Chris Anstey, Samaki Walker, and future #1 pick to Boston for Ron Mercer, Popeye Jones, and Pervis Ellison- I know, your saying, he's on crack..... maybe... but here's the logic in it, yes Boston could potentially get more for Mercer than this, but Mercer's salary limits who he can be traded for, he has also told people around him, that he has no intention of signing with theCeltics, and that he would not even consider a sign and trade next year. So Boston has to do something with him, and the only way they can move him out is to package him with others. The thought here is that Pitino does not want to part with his core guys, and he wants to clear out his roster, which this deal does. Mercers' agent is Dallas based (No Limit Records), and this is what Ron does not want, to go to a losing team (history wise). So I know you may not agree
END QUOTE

So we lose something like five million in salary anchors and Ron and in exchange get a talented young player, a more aggressive version of Travis Knight, and (the best part) a Dallas lottery pick!  What more could you ask for Ron Mercer, himself acquired as a Dallas lottery pick?  Dallas is like the Draft Bank of America for us, and we have revolving credit.

I like it!
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division