Re: Mr. Bskball Says Its Anstey, Walker & Future No. 1 for Mercer, Ellisonand Popeye

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

>Subject: Mr. Bskball Says Its Anstey, Walker & Future No. 1 for Mercer,
>Ellison and Popeye

Isn't this more or less what Warwick posted earlier.  It makes one think
these rumors get started from people reading lists like this one.

>If Anstey isn't the Australian version of Travis Knight....

That's exactly what he is, isn't it?  At least he wouldn't have a large
contract to inflate expectations.

>It could be a very good deal, if its Dallas' first round
>pick next year, since Don should have them lottery bound.

I'm a little less than impressed with this trade.  I'd want more for Mercer
than two huge question marks.  Looking at Alex's previous post made me
realize how thin the talent gets once Mercer is removed from the team.  They
really do need to get a player for him, not just a big body or two.

>Any ways, if the trade goes down, I'm sure the Rickster will put a nice
>spin on it.

No.  He'll say it's an awful trade that they never should have made.

Anyway, NBA.COM has this to say about our newest Walker...

>PERSONAL In Swahili, Samaki means "fish" and Ijuma, his middle name, means
>"beautiful river". Coincidentally, his favorite leisure activity is
>fishing. Enjoys wearing unusual hats.

So, he can get injured and sit on the bench in his "unusual hat", reminicing
with Popeye about Dallas, and Pervis about Louisville.  Except, I forgot,
those guys are both headed to Dallas.  Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Jim