Jeff Shepherd

And now for something totally different:

I like Jeff Shepherd, even tho' I may be misspelling his name.  I
also think he may contribute as much to our team as Mercer.  Wait,
now.
Here's the rationale.  JS is about 6'3", a little short for a 2
guard, but is a bona fide leaper (you remember the story about the 7'
high jump), a good ball handler/passer, very fast, has a better 3 pt.
shot than Ron.  Ok, so he's unproven.  But I think he brings as much
defensively, would accept his role on offense as a facilitator, could
play backup #2 to Pierce or push him to #3 when needed.  How am I
doing?  In short, he has the ability to be a good backup at #2, play
decent minutes, score when needed and play team ball.  Plus, he won't
cost nearly as much.  So, trade Mercer if we have to, but make sure we
back up Pierce adequately.

If that's Clack or Griffin, I'm fine with that.  But I like Shepherd.
 And if Minor and Bowen are out of here, we need someone.

Gene