Re: Celtics

Josh Farber wrote:

> We have all heard that Rodney Rogers is on Pitino's want list.
>
> Does anyone think we have any shot at him with our $2 million exception?
>
> I would rather that than trading him for Battie.
>
> Then we wouldn't have to give Battie up.  I think having Battie and Rogers
> at the same type would really help the team.
> I'm not sure who will play what position though.  Rogers is a PF and so is
> Battie.

Rogers can play both three and the four. Battie can play both four, five and
dare I say it, even a little bit of three if called upon.....

If we were able to get Rodney and a half-way-towards-decent backup center our
forward rotation would look something like this, without doing anything to
Mercer;

Center - VP / *the half-way decent guy* / Battie / Popeye / Shit-Zu (whoever
thought of that one, bravo).
Power Forward - Walker / Battie / Rogers / Popeye / VP
Small Forward - Walker / Pierce / Rogers / Mercer / Minor

I would say that our front court would be sufficient.. You dont need a towering
front court to be competitive in the East; New York proved that, but to get past
San Antone we might, but lets talk about climbing *that* hurdle when we get
towards it, shall we?

Warwick