Re: Questions (was "Peter May Column")

Joe, I think that it's either Clack OR Griffin,
especially if we want to sign Wayne Turner.  And since
we can retain Clack's rights by sending him to Europe,
I would bet on Griffin.

I was watching Antoine's 49 point game last night and
was struck again by how wonderfully athletic Ron
really is.  His athleticism is really a big part of
the team's identity.  We can't give him up for a less
athletic player (Dele, Kukoc) who just happens to be a
few inches taller.  Too bad we can't get Steve Smith
for Ron -- Portland seems to have him sewn up for
Rider and Jackson.  Francis would be the best trade.
You know, before Pitino started his diffident suitor
routine with Ron, most observers had him picked as a
top three lock in the draft behind Unfair Luck Duncan
and Keith Van Horn.  We need to get value for his
talent.