Jersey Red On A Walker - Baker Trade (Brief)

      Wed, Jul 14, 1999
      RED's WORLD: It was Nomar fair and square
      By KEN 'JERSEY RED' FORD
       <snips>
      Last week, I told you Antoine Walker's name might come up in a possible
      trade. Well, those big papers in Boston and Providence must be reading the
      The Herald News because a couple of days later, they reported a possible
      trade with Walker for the Sonics' Vinny Baker.
      I can tell you Baker has told a few of his New England friends that he
      would like to play close to home, but don't count on it. If it's Walker
      just for Baker, the Celtics have to get more than that.

               © 1999 ,The Herald News