Re: No Lo

>From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>
>
>Man, what are teams so high on Lorenzen Wright for? What has he ever won?

Right.  Only former champions need apply.  God knows Wright should have won
a title with the Clippers by now.  Frankly, I don't know Lorenzen Wright
from Orville Wright, but I think that your attitude is a little harsh.  How
many people in the league right now have "won anything"?

>Hey, I thought of another point in my Houston-vs-Mercer argument: Allen
>Houston came into the league after 4 years of college ball; Mercer had just
>two. That means, technically, this coming season will be Ron's
>"chronological" rookie year.

Don't know how serious you're being here, but I've got to say that, now that
it is the norm for top prospects to come out of college "early", I'm pretty
sick of hearing about "chronological rookie years".

>And Joe, I think you're right: this "Gaston won't pay the bills" thing
>can't be right. If it is, I think we should all forget about Banner #17,
>now and forever, because there will always be Paul Allens, Jerry
>Colangelos, Jerry Busses, MSGs and Pat Croces who aren't afraid to spend
>money. I'd prefer to think the problem is Ron did something to irk Pitino,
>like maybe he sent back an order of pasta at Bravo Pitino. Or he insulted
>Jersey Red.

If Gaston really is "too cheap to win", well it's just too terrible to think
about.  He's had plenty of excuses until now, what with two franchise
players dying and all, but if he loses a winning combination because of
cheapness, I think the fans will turn on him in a hurry.

Jim