Re: Sorry

I really don't think anyone wants to see Mercer gone except for the fact that
we have 3 players to play 2 positions and that was all caused by Antoine's
inability to play the 4 last season.  During the prior season he dominated
some of the young studs of the NBA (Webber, Garnett) but he wasn't able to
accomplish anything against them in '99.  If by getting in shape AW can do
that again, or if PP would accept a Havlichek/6th man role, then I think we
could keep all 3 and look to fill out the roster with role players.  Of
course if Mercer is going to demand a contract over $50 million then I think
he'll force Pitino's hand.  Then again we have no idea what he's actually
asking for, what he'd actually accept, or what is actually being offered (or
how high they'll go).  Maybe with Clack and the CBA MVP in camp one of them
will replace Minor and he can be dealt for a roleplayer type PF.

George