Re: With my compliments ... er, complements

Yeah, but who is the PF? Has anybody checked to see any realistic
possibilities? What teams have a surplus at that position and have a need for
a young SG? That list shrank by 1 with the Davis/Toronto trade. So that leaves
maybe Portland and ... ? The Clippers? No thanks. Plus there's the whole
salary match fandango. This whole thing smacks of, "We need to trade Kenny for
a young, defensive minded PG" when nobody could actually name even one who
might be available.

You also have to consider, where do we find not just a power forward, but a
power forward who will bring as much to the table as Mercer? And preferably,
someone with youth as well as talent. Maybe not as young as Ron, but not a
dinosaur either.

Next question: Does anybody have college stats on Pierce to see how often, and
how well, he played SG? A guy with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio doesn't
strike me as all that comfortable with the position.

If Detroit had hung onto Allen Houston, they might very well have been the
ones in the Finals this year. They wouldn't have needed to pull the boneheaded
Ratliff-for-Stackhouse move. The last thing this team needs is a continued
roster overhaul.

the assumption is that if Mercer is traded for a PF,