Re: Master P, Master V, and Me

>I think Ron doesn't seem to have a very strong
>personality from what I can tell, and guys like Master
>P (and Don King and Billy Hunter and David Falk) seem
>to be able to manipulate them pretty well by telling
>them how great they are.

This seem to be most of the players in the league

>How relieved are you that
>Seattle doesn't want Antoine in a sign-and-trade?
>What a disaster losing him would be for us as fans at
>this stage.  (Of course Mike Dynon and others might
>not agree.)  I wonder if Vin played hardball with
>Seattle if he could make them take Ron as their sign
>and trade player rather than losing him to free agency
>outright -- though they would no doubt call his bluff.
> Or would they?

My question is:  If Antoine is as great or going to be great (as a lot of
people think) and Baker is going down hill fast (and costing a lot of more
money) Why would they turn this deal down??

>I really like the Ron trade scenarios that have been
>going around.  I do agree with Bob McChesney, though,
>that trading Ron for a 4 might put undue pressure on
>Paul Pierce to excel at a new position when he seems
>to be a natural at three.  But then his forebear Hondo
>played plenty of 2.

No one has heard Mercer ask for the Max.  In the paper he said (to the effect)
he didn't want to be over priced or under priced.  Doesn't sound like he's
asking for the max.  I would still be willing to let him play out the year and
see how he develops (continues to).  I also don't like the idea of Pierce at
SG, I think he is a small forward all the way.  He may not be quick enough to
play SG all the time (defensively).

Rich,,,