3-way?

Hey all,

Yet another perhaps crazy idea -

Celts give up - Kenny Anderson and Popeye Jones
Celts get - Brevin Knight, Derek Anderson and  Danny Ferry

New Lineup

Center - Vitaly Potapenko / Free Agent / Pervis Ellison
Power Forward - Antoine Walker / Tony Battie / Danny Ferry
Small Forward - Paul Pierce / Walter McCarty / Danny Ferry
Shooting Guard - Ron Mercer / Derek Anderson / Greg Minor / Clickety
Clack
Point Guard - Brevin Knight / Dana Barros

Why?

- We get our 'pass first' point guard
- We get Derek Anderson, Pitino's love child without giving up Mercer.
- We get rid of two unwanted contracts

Whynot?

- We lose a backup big man and we're already thin there
- We gain the *cough, cough* services of Danny Ferry for a season.

Cleveland give up - Brevin Knight, Wesley Person, Derek Anderson, Danny
Ferry
Cleveland get - Allan Houston, Charlie Ward, Kurt Thomas

New Lineup

Center - Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Andrew DeClercq / AJ Bramlett
Power Forward - Shawn Kemp / Kurt Thomas / Corie Blount
Small Forward - Cedric Henderson / Johnny Newman
Shooting Guard - Allan Houston / Trajon Langdon
Point Guard - Andre Miller / Charlie Ward

Why?

- Get the star shooting guard that they want in Houston.
- Get a point guard who can shoot to backup AND play defense to backup
the rookie, Miller.
- Get another defensive big man which they need to backup Ilgauskas and
Kemp.
- Finally get rid of Danny Ferry's contract

Whynot?

- Will be shallow at backup swing with only Johnny Newman, Bob Sura and
Trajon Langdon.

New York give up - Allan Houston, Charlie Ward, Kurt Thomas
New York get - Kenny Anderson, Wesley Person, Popeye Jones

New Lineup

Center - Patrick Ewing / Chris Dudley
Power Forward - Marcus Camby / Popeye Jones / (the second rounder, Koch)

Small Forward - Larry Johnson / Wesley Person / DeMarco Johnson / David
Wingate
Shooting Guard - Latrell Sprewell / Wesley Person
Point Guard - Kenny Anderson / Chris Childs

Why?

- Gives the Knicks the opportunity to make Sprewell full-time starter at
two guard.
- Gives Marcus Camby the confidence that he is now the man at power
forward for the Knicks.
- Finally get a quality point guard in Kenny Anderson who would be a fan
favorite due to his NY blood.
- Get a sixth man of the year candidate in Wesley Person who can become
more of a true 6th man than either Latrell Sprewell or Allan Houston
would willingly become without losing out on Houston's long distance
shooting.

Whynot?

- They may believe they could get more for Allan Houston elsewhere.
- Lose out on Ward's defense with Kenny Anderson.
- In the Finals their real problem shone bright; their lack of depth at
big man. The swap of Thomas for Jones will probably prove to be a bad
one if Jones doesn't get back to some semblance of form.