Re: I'll give you a topic

Noah Evans wrote:

>  Sczerbiak is everything an NBA marketing division could want. He'shandsome,
> charismatic and soft spoken(boy the vancouver marketers must havehad their
> heads in their hands when Francis talked about Vancouver...) and best of all
> white. His basketball ability is just icing. If he stays healthy and lives up
> to his potential the league could very well hype him up to be the next ...
> Bird. I tremble at the thought, remembering all that hype calling Kobe a baby
> Jordan at the last all star game. Imagine the same thing with Sczerbiak. I'm
> nauseous at the thought.

Hi, I've heard Szczerbiak compared to Kelly Tripucka, and I guess with luck he
could develop into a Kiki Vandeweigh-type occasional All Star. It would seem
that Wally's too unathletic to be compared to Tom Chambers or Van Horn, and more
importantly his skill range is too narrow to compare him to "pass, shoot,
rebound" triple threats like Gugliotta, Detlef or our own employee #8.

As for "Wally World" being such a handsome pretty boy, I guess you could make
analogies with Wally Walker or Jim Paxson. Those guys initially had a hard time
adjusting to the NBA because they didn't recognize how much hunger you need to
compete at that level. It irritates me a bit to read about his shirt-less
workout in front of NBA scouts and how basically shallow/narcissistic he sounds
in his quotes. Last I checked, Szczerbiak also measured out at just 6-6 in socks
or something. The only reason I think he'll have a rookie impact in the NBA is
because he has a ton of experience and confidence, particularly from playing
well for the gold medal Goodwill Games team. IMO he's not that great a fit for
McHale's team unless he blossoms in the passing/unselfishness categories. McHale
definitely seems to have added two great perimeter shooters from the draft
though.

Joe

p.s. Regarding Master P, I actually watched him doing his pro wrestling gig on
my hotel TV one night last week in Budapest. He and his "No Limit Soldiers" were
doing their "country music sucks" routine and stomping all over some white
wrestler's cowboy hat (the big white guy who sings a country song about how "rap
sucks"). I found the whole thing was without question racially divisive, crass,
un-American and so on. I was embarrassed to see that stuff aired on TNT's
international cable affiliates. Master P really came across as a retard. I don't
understand what Ron Mercer sees in him.