Maybe the "P" stands for "penitentiary"

I have not been on the Master P-bashing bandwagon, believing that many of
those who mock a rapper who believes he can be a good player agent may be
guilty of stereotyping, and that at the least they're ignoring the young man's
obvious and considerable business acumen.

However ...

Last weekend in New Orleans I saw in the paper that one of MP's cronies had
been picked up at the airport trying to get two Glock semiautomatic .45 cal
pistols, along with a laser scope and hollow-point ammo, onto a plane. The
article also mentioned that this is not the first brush with the law MP's co
has had: He and a colleague are under federal investigation for extortion.
They allegedly threatened a female rapper who had tried to get out of her contract.

Just info for everyone.