I'm shocked..

Jim Meninno wrote:
>I had a big problem with Holley using Walker's agent as the main source
for
>the article.  "He looks fine to me".  Well, your job is to make him
look
>good, right?

I'm glad and not surprised Jimbo noticed and brings this point up.
Holley's article relied on one quoted source (a player's agent). Like
diplomats, their job-performance is graded by how convincingly they lie
or spin the truth. Holley wants to believe what Higgens said might be
the truth. Others want to believe the opposite, namely that Walker
showed he was pretty damn sneaky and p.r. saavy to con Bulpett into
writing such a glowing article about his off-season work ethic, only to
fire his personal trainer the very next day and blow off his scheduled
apointment with Shawn Brown without so much as leaving an excuse.

None of it adds up. I don't see how Walker can possibly look lean and in
shape to work out non-stop for 2 hours one day, and then be El Blimpo
just a week or two later, unless he's like the character in that Eddie
Murphy movie.

My take is that Walker should only worry about getting in peak mental
and physical shape for the start of the summer league and training camp.
The wise thing for him to do was to take off a week or two in June and
not think about the game. All athletes hurt their performance if they
train non-stop for 12 months a year. I'd like to think that it dawned on
Antoince a few weeks ago that the summer league season already starts in
July and will continue non-stop for the Celtics hopefully until late
June. It's just the Boston press (and us, myself included) who went and
made a big deal out of it.

Joe