Re: I'm shocked! Shocked! Ricky?!? Never!

>From: damekmo@teleport.com

>I hope Pitino addresses the specifics of Holley's article. He seems to have
>no problem getting into specifics with Bullpett and Jersey Red. This
>story's getting good now, and I look forward to May and Ryan getting
>involved and really fleshing out this continuing soap opera.

Don't you feel like a pawn in this circulation war.  There doesn't really
seem to be much "jounalism" going on, on either side.  Basically, Bulpett is
betting that Walker will arrive, in September, in less than Pitino shape.
Holley's betting that Walker will be in shape, or that Pitino will downplay
any flab, as he did at the start of last year.  Neither one has any clue if
what they're writing is true.

I had a big problem with Holley using Walker's agent as the main source for
the article.  "He looks fine to me".  Well, your job is to make him look
good, right?  "I can count on one hand the number of my players who are
working out right now".  Well, who are you're clients, anyway.  And I can
count to a thousand on one hand, if I just keep starting over with the
thumb.  Holley says, "Walker was in town for [some community/charity event
or another].  Was Pitino there?". Um, no Michael.  And Walker doen't go to
every charity event that Pitino doen, either.  That's just blatantly
slanted.  Bulpett's fawning over how Pitino shielded Walker from the
bloodthirsty hoards (that's all of us) wasn't much better.  I hope the
players don't take all this stuff too seriously, because it really is a
joke.

>The only problem I have with the theory that Pitino needs to bad mouth
>Antoine in order to justify this trade is that it appears to me that
>Michael Holley's the only person in town who wasn't ready, last year, to
>march in the "Thank God Antoine the Punk's Gone Parade." If Holley's right,
>and Pitino's lying...makes me hope he deals Walker for Baker and this team
>stinks it up until Pitino's gone.
>But...who knows anymore

Oh, come on.  You're just still sore that you bought all that Walker for
Masburn stuff last year.  I'm glad to see you've lost the skepticism this
year.  What was it you said?  "Walker's not going anywhere"?  Let's hope you
snap your losing streak with that one.

Jim