Fellow Celtic Fans,

Several of you guys/gals have some good ideas, others  ... well ... I
won't go there!  First off, I want to say that the Potapenko trade was
a great deal.  Once Richard Hamilton was selected at 7, everyone else
was a big step down in talent.  It's not to say Andre Miller isn't
good, but point guards are in greater abundance than quality big men.
DeClerqc was a backup at best.
Now, since the draft is over, the only decent undrafted players worth
taking a look at are Wayne Turner (because he's Pitino schooled) and
Ademola Okulaja (solid player who has been Dean Smith Schooled) - and
if either were to make it, they would be 12th men.
As for the trades, is it possible for Pitino and the Gastons to make a
fair deal regarding Mercer with No Limits (a.k.a. Master P)? If so,
then let's make a good trade for Derek Anderson and do a fair deal for
both.  If Master P is determined to get Mercer the maximum, then it's
good-bye Ron.  If Ron is to be traded, package him and include
Anderson, Popeye, Greg Minor and maybe even Tony Battie and Walter
McCarty.
Forget trading Pierce and Vitaly!  Both are cornerstones to any future
Championship run.  Vitaly is locked up for years and Pierce doesn't
seem to be motivated by $$$'s.  Also, Dana Barros makes to much for any
team to consider taking him ... besides, he's a model citizen and the
kid's love him.
Now if Walker is not in the shape Pitino expects, then trade him and
some of the above mentioned bagage to Chicago for Toni Kukoc, Randy
Brown, and Elton Brand and/or Ron Artest (If Pitino is truely in love
with Artest's game).  This still may be difficult due to salary
constraints.  The only other possible trade I would consider for Walker
would be to Portland for Rasheed Wallace.
Now as for the Clipper deals, Mercer would certainly have to be
included with any of the above mentioned guys, but the Celtics would
certainly need Lamar Odom and Maurice Taylor.  Taylor is much better
than L Wright or R Rodgers.
As for the G.S. deal, Tony Delk has potential and can shoot the 3, and
E Dampier would be a good backup in the low post.
Finally, if the free agent list I saw on one of the mailing list is
correct, then the only free agents we should pursue are Mutombo - the
only legit center available, AC Green - old but brings veteran
leadership the Celtics certainly need, and Greg Foster - because his
value has bottomed out and he plays Shaq well (the Lakers are someone
we are going to have to contend with in the near future).
Let's just pray that we don't over pay anyone else and make any
bonehead mistakes with trades.  There are too many teams that are
desperate, so good deals are available!