And finally.....and I mean finally

If I'm not mistaken, Pierce is locked up for three years and then the
Celtics have right of first refusal in years four and five, when you can
guess that an awful lot of teams should be over the cap. Yes? In any case,
at this point, I think, "Pierce is untradeable" is more about lots of
potential on the cheap for 5 years. And in any case, Pierce can shoot and
shooters are always valuable in trades. Look at Glen Rice. Now....There's
no reason on earth Pitino shouldn't trade Odom's upside on the cheap for
Pierce's upside at the same price for an extra year. Look...the kid's a
better passer and rebounder than Pierce, right now. And if you reply, "How
do you know...he hasn't played a single second in the NBA." Hey Way...Is
Brand a better rebounder and low post defender at the 4 than Walker? Way
would reply, "Yes," I think, as would a few others out there. Brand hasn't
played a second of NBA ball, yet many assume he fills a need that Walker
can't. Odom at 6'9"-10" is going to be a force at small
forward....virtually unguardable without a double-team. And if Pitino still
feels the need for a big 4, he can trade any combination of Mercer, Barros,
Battie, Popeye, Walter....you get the picture, because Odom goes to 2,
Anderson stays at the 1, Walker to 3 and the "bruiser to be traded for" to
the 4. Hell, maybe a three way with Brand coming and Mercer+ going takes
care of the bruiser, and then even Way's happy.

Paul M.