[Fwd: Re: JERSEY RED says NO TO FRANCIS]

Jersey Red finally says something interesting....

-- BEGIN included message

Sandy wrote:

> Today on Calling All Sports a Providence sports talk show, Jersey Red said
> that he would advise Pitino to forget about Steve Francis. He said he will
> be a problem player ie: a head case. Jersey also said he was called this
> morning by a Boston sports writer to confirm that Boston had traded Dana
> Barros to Denver. Jersey also confirmed that Walker is on the block and that
> he heard that Chicago has offered Toni Kukic to Boston for Ron Mercer. He
> went on to say the Chicago Player that Rick is really high on is Ron Arteste

I heard some of that, as I was switching between the Big Show on WEEI
and Scott's
show in Providence. It's funny that Jersey is so opposed to Francis,
because Bob Ryan thought Mercer for Francis was an intriguing deal.  I
missed
the part about Barros going to Denver.  I wonder for whom, if it's true?
Herren would make a lot of sense from a salary cap-savings perspective.
Jersey had a lot of praise in recent draft column about Artest, so I
took that as a sign that the Celtics were high on him. If you want to
learn about possible Celtics moves, you have to listen to Jersey.  It
helps
to have drunk several cups of coffee before hand though....
Ray

-- END included message