Re: Game summary request

At 09:23 AM 1/30/99 -0500, Kim Malo wrote:
>First -Snoopy, very nice job on the game summary. I agreed with a lot of
>what you said and it gave a lot more worth reading than someone could get
>off of just looking at a boxscore (the second to me being the whole point in
>doing a game summary vs just posting stats, and what makes Bill's so good
>even when I don't agree with all of it).

Again, thanks!!!!!  I was glad the idea worked.  I wanted to give a
combination of hard stats and a feel for what happend while watching the
game.  First try, and I'm being compared favorably with the Master!  :>)

>OK, compliments out of the way, last season, with his permission, I
>re-posted Bill's game summaries to the Cs ng FBO people there. I was going
>to ask him again this year if I could, but with so many more regularly
>involved this year, it made better sense to post the request to the list at
>large. I did a header at the beginning of each posting last year with the
>correct attrib, etc, as follows:
>
>This Celtics game report is forwarded from the Celtics mailing list,
>where it is generally prepared by Bill Cooper (wfcooper@tiac.com)
>with the occasional aid of guest reporters.It goes out within 12
>hours of the end of each game to Celtics@igtc.com (subscribe by
>sending the message "subscribe celtics" to majordomo@igtc.com)
>along with the knowledgable, lively and occasionally prescient
>commentary of the listmembers.  The reports are also archived
>at The Celtics WebServer (http://ics.com/~drisko/).
>
>Which I could simply be sure to edit this year as appropriate to actually
>include the various poster's names, and maybe change the 'within 12 hours'
>to something like ASAP to allow for variable standards vs the one Bill held
>himself to. I can also include a line to email response to the poster along
>with posting them if you want to see what people are saying there without
>signing up for the ng.
>
>Does anyone mind my doing this with their summaries this year? By letting me
>do so, you perform a multiple service and get a wider audience as reward in
>return. Not only do those on the ng get the info, but it helps advertise
>this list and some of the best of what it provides. Which may bring in some
>interesting new members. Very symbiotic set-up IMO. Comments?

Personally, I have no problem with you (or anyone else) reposting my
reviews if you want to.  In the case of this one, I have one
request...please clean up my typos?  Normally, I do that myself, but my
machine was wacky, and none of the corrections took when I sent it out.
I've since fixed the problem.

It was hard work, but I had a great time!  (and I loooove my satellite....)

poof...