RE: Pierce Appearance

Let's see if I understand this correctly; Pierce doesn't look like a
basketball player to you.  Is this what you meant to say?  Because the
classic example of someone you didn't look like or appear to have the God
given talents of a "basketball" player yet did just fine on sheer will and
effort was Larry Bird.  This "basketball" player reference means little in
terms of game time performance, and winning.  Now yes Scottie Slipper has 6
rings, courtesy of MJ, but he is a classic example of a "basketball" player,
but not a team player and true champion. Another recent example is Harold
Miner, air apparent to MJ, at least for a month or two a while back.

The bottom line, IMO, is that if Pierce is only a "basketball" player, as
described here, then trade him, but if he is a team player first and an
all-star in reality then he will be in the hunt for the elusive 17th banner.
We need more individuals like Bird, McHale, Cowens, Hondo, and Cousy who
didn't walk onto the earth "appearing" to look like they would dominate the
game, but did because there was no denying them this ability.  Think of all
our posts over the years that chronicled the games of these men here when
sheer will alone put their team over the top.  Bird in 1991 against Chuck
and the Pacers after hitting his head. Hondo stealing the ball in 1967, and
little 6-9 Red Cowens dominating games and diving all over the damn place
for balls.  Battie could be like this, as it has been noted that he may not
be 7 foot but he plays like he were.  The heart is the key, not the ability
to run faster, shoot better and diss with the best.  I want Hondos not
Slippers wearing green for this team. Once AW gets to this level, their is
no stopping the Celtics, and of course Mercer could be the complete package
too if he is not already.

Have a great weekend folks,
Ode