Re: Bill?

Bill Cooper wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>         Unfortunately, I am one of those poor Cox Cable subscribers,
> who will not be receiving the Celtic's road games this year (at least
> until thing change).   So I won't be doing game reports on the road
> games.  I will, though, be doing my usual humble best on the home
> contests.

No road game coverage this breakout season from Bill Coop?  That's the worst
news I've heard all day!

I still have virtually every one of Bill's (and Josh O's) game report from
last season on my drive, and I've reprinted and reread every last one of them
during the prolonged lockout.

If only the Boston papers devoted this much depth to covering the Celtics
(individual player evaluations and grades etc.) That is precisely what the
many European and Brit sports pages do over here in the case of soccer. IMO,
it should be standard practice.

I hope we can develop some sort of list rotation for covering the 20+ away
games. I think it's too much to expect Josh to carry the load, considering he
already has other writing deadlines to fill his spare time.

Joe

****