Another Salary Cap Exception/Exemption May Be Heading The C's Way

It looks as if Greg Minor may have surgery on
the bone spurs surrounding his ankles.  If that
is the case, I can't see him being able to
play this season, and the C's will have half
of his approximate $2.7m. salary to sign or
trade for someone.  Assuming Schintzius signed
for $600,000+ as noted by Warwick, the C's
would have four exemptions/exceptions:
$1.75m.; $1.4m.; $1.3m., and $1m.  Unfortunately,
I don't think they can be combined, but it
should give the C's some extra flexibility when
trade talks go into full swing around playoff
time.

One other note, Pervis had his injured ankle
fully reconstructed.....

==
MG In Exile