RE: Deals with LAC

John Lyell said:
> The more I think of this the more we need to move Mercer or Pierce for
> Wright. Good big men are hard to find, and  if they can walk and chew gum,
>  ridiculously priced.
>
> 2's & 3's are a dime a dozen and always available in free agency or the

To me, Mercer is the most untouchable of all the untouchables on the
Celtics.  He should be part of the core that we build around.  Sure,
2's & 3's are a dime a dozen, but sometimes a special one comes along
who you don't trade, and in my opinion Mercer is one of those.  From
the sound of things, we should at least look at Pierce a while because he
could be one, too.

You wouldn't hear anyone ever say "trade Michael Jordan because 2's & 3's
are a dime a dozen".  I'm not saying that Mercer and Pierce are as special
as Jordan, I just think Mercer is special enough and Pierce could be special
enough that you don't just trade them thinking it'll be easy to get someone
of their caliber back, especially at the salary we have them.

Jon Mc