RE: Celts lineup rotation

John Lyell said:
> I also have questions o  A.W's ability to play a point 3.  He needs to
> improve his ballhandling, and definitely his passing skills, and above all
> learn to pass the ball more often.  His game is best suited for the 4 like
> Malone that can pop out and hit the jumper or hit the man in a mismatch.

In general I agree, with a slight distinction.  I believe that Antoine
has the passing skills already, he's just not motivated to use them.
At the very end of his rookie season, when the Celtics' lottery pick
status was assured, Walker made up his mind he wanted some
triple-doubles, and was able to easily surpass 10 assists in each of
the last 2 games of the season without much difficulty.  His passing
showed a lot of creativity.  It's just that most of the time he wants
to take players one-on-one and get on the highlight films.  He usually
doesn't see passing as in his best interests.  It sounds like everyone
around him is trying to work on changing that attitude to make him more
team-oriented, though.  Maybe having the big contract will help him
feel he doesn't have so much to prove, and will help the process along.

I think it'll take a long time, judging by how he ticked-off his
teammates during their unofficial scrimmages early this week, calling
them all for phantom fouls and arguing any calls against him.  That's
not a sign of a leader working for team unity.  It seems that when he's
calm, he says all the right things, but in the heat of the battle, his
competitiveness turns him into a selfish whiner.  I like the fire inside
him, and hope he learns to direct it for the good of the team.  I think
Pitino's the only one who can get him to do it, because Antoine trusts
and respects Pitino.

Jon Mc