From: Gregory Odegaard <grodeg@kalama.com>
To: 'celtics@igtc.com' <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 9:11 AM
Subject: Excemptions/draft

>A couple things:
>
>Did we not use our two allowed excemptions this season?  It is doubtful
that RP gave either to Shinsplints or that PG guy.  Then do they go to
waste?  Are they a use them or lose them thing?  Can they be saved for a
pickup during the season, if God forbid we need one?  Are they around for
next year, or do we get 2 more then.  And lastly if any team uses one in a
multi-year deal, do they lose that slot for the term of the deal?  I would
assume so.

>Curious that Toronto not only talked Stewart away from Boston, but Alvin
Williams away from Portland, where he has stated he wanted to return. Alvin
got the 1.75MM slot in a 3 year deal, when Stewart got the wink deal for
only 1 year.

>Lastly for anyone who can catch the game; today's Washington-Stanford game
will be a classic, I hope.  Todd McCullough the 7 foot plus center for the
Huskies had a career game Thursday versus California; 31 points, no missed
FT's, 17 boards, 5 blocks, 3 steals, a couple of assists, only 2 fouls, and
NO turnovers.  He is the real deal, and will definitely be around at our
likely spot.  There is no fat on this boy and he gives 110% every night.
Check out the game if you can, and let's consider him for a pick in June.