Re: Excemptions/draft

Actually, I believe Schintzius was signed to the $1 million exemption with
a Celtic option for a second year.  While I don't expect the big guy to be
the comeback player of the year, if he is, we'll have a decent center
lined up for two years at no money.  Since the third year would give him
LB rights, I have to think we'd have the inside track on him there as
well.  If he  turns out to be a bust (as I'd expect), we pay him about
$600k (pro-rated $1 mill) and say adios.  He even may have some trade
value to a team trying to create cap room for next year.  I'm not sure if
Dwayne is a good signing, but the way Pitino and Wallace have structured
the deal is outstanding.

****dave

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Shailendra K Mishra wrote:

> No Pitino has kept both his exemptions intact, and no the exemptions don't
> get wasted they can always be used to aquire somebody down the line. I don't
> see Schintzius or Garnett making the final roster.
>
>  - Mishra

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY