Prediction

Critical mass to be achieved one year from now, circa Jan. 20th,
2000.

I was there when Karl Malone went to college.  After his prop 48
year, when crowds lingered in the old gym to see him play intramurals,
he began to show his stuff.  The big draw, however, was the women's
team which was coming off two national championships.  They filled the
arena and the men drew about one third the crowd.  People literally
came for the women's game and left before the men took the floor.  But
it got going as we began our conference games that year and one
night--against rival USL--the crowd began to explode, go bananas, jump
over seats to exchange high fives.  Big time basketball had returned
and those who supported the men's team knew our moment had come.  The
next year we would beat Louisville and end the season 29-3, sharing
the best record in the nation.

Well, with help from whomever becomes our center in the next year,
this Celts team will explode and the league will know it.  I predict
the week of Jan. 20, 2000.  Enjoy the ride.

Gene  (often wrong, but rarely splits infinitives)