Centers

Brand may be good, but he is only 6'8. He will not be an NBA center. Tim Young
might be a possibility - he is very lacksadaisical but if all we need him to
do is stand in the middle and block shots, he could fit in. Todd MacCulloch is
a guy I see having a real tough time adjusting to the NBA, where he's not
bigger than everybody -- I think he'll be too slow for our system. Ditto Brad
"Big Continent" Millard (who also has bum knees). Ketner could be a
possibility - he's 6'10, 260, or therabouts -- but if he can't even carry
UMass, he'll be a role player at best in the pros. I don't know much about
Eschmeyer or the others you mentioned.

No, we probably won't have a lottery pick, but we could probably get a guy
like Ketner with the 12th-14th pick, which is probably where we'll finish.
(Lots of probablys in that sentence.) Young could slide, as he has
underachieved, but given the maxim "you can't teach height" some lottery team
will probably (that word again) take him.

Mr. Ghost wrote:

> Best to wait until the draft and the C's lottery
> pick, when Lari Ketner, Todd MacCulloch, Evan
> Eschmeyer, Wang ZhiZhi, Tyrone Washington, Brad Millard, and Brendan
> Haywood may all be
> available.

You should add Elton Brand to that list... and Stanford's own Tim Young, I
suppose.