BIG MEN

Considering the current problem at center, is it time again to revisit the Elden
Campbell idea?

Jerry West has been trying to use Campbell in conjunction with Eddie Jones to
land one of the big-name power forwards out there, but with Gugliotta signing
with Phoenix, it doesn't look like that will happen. The last remaining option,
it appears, is a deal for Chris Webber.

So, if West doesn't do that, would he consider unloading Campbell and his bad
salary for some of our dead weight and Popeye? (He may insist on Pierce)

I know some of your out there despise Campbell, but I still think he could be a
solid center on this team.

Besides, it sounds like we're going to be capped out of the bidding for any
decent centers for years to come. If the going rate is $9 million for Matt
Geiger, then we'll be waiting forever.

I'd much rather we deal for Campbell than for Potapenko (especially if Pierce is
part of either deal).

Mark