Re: We lost Stewart!!!

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Ken Mattina wrote:

> At 02:21 PM 1/21/99 -0500, Jeremy wrote:
> >WEEI just announced that Stewart signed with Toronto... I guess Jackie
> >MacMullen was right about free agents not wanting to come to Boston.
> >Unless we trade for a center, things really look bleak for this season.
> >
> >Jeremy
> >

> Please define "bleak".
>
> Ken

Bleak (as defined in the Webster's Lexicon Dictionary):

Losing a free agent recruiting battle with Toronto when they offer $1M for
one year; not having a legitimate center on your roster when every other
team in your division does; resting the hopes of your franchise on a west
coast up-tempo style when you're in an east coast Bones-Thugs-N-Harmony
division; having no interior presence whatsoever; playing only 5 of your
first 18 games at home; facing the very real possibility of not making the
playoffs for the fourth year in a row; putting band-aids (Popeye and
Battie) on cancerous tumors while division rivals significantly improve
their teams; having no cap space for the next seven years.

I think I'm turning into Paul M.

Jeremy