Re: Sam Smith Takes Shot At Celtics

When I read this yesterday, i just laughed.  This is the same Sam Smith who
writes in every column about the dismantling of the Bulls something to the
effect of "don't worry we'll just sign Chicago native Antoine Walker next
year".  What a fool.  Just like Jerry Krause built his rep as a GM on
Jordan's back, I think Sam Smith built his rep as a journalist on Jordan's
back . . . I mean how do you write a bad story about Jordan?

Anyways I'm looking for someone to bet in Chicago (or anywhere else for
that matter) that the Bulls will be out of the Eastern Conferenc finals
LONGER that the C's were.

Of course Sam Smith never mentions that we were set back 5-6 years with the
death of our star-in-the-making, Reggie Lewis.

mark

>In the Chicago Tribune -- 1/20/99 -- Smith said:
>
>"It doesn't seem as if the Bulls got much for a good part of their
>championship team, but they may have accomplished a lot toward a
>quick rebuilding.
>
>"Consider the Celtics, who held onto their stars until they had to
>retire.
>
>:They haven't been to the the Eastern Finals in 12 years and don't seem
>headed back any time soon.
>
>"And they've still got Red Auerbach."
>
>Ray

Mark Piotrowski
Registrar,
Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center
345 E. Superior St.
Room. 1712
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 908-8006